Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Bike Ride

Well we did it. We went on our first long bike ride of the year. We decided to ride out to Golden and take a new trail we had heard about. Little did we know that this "trail" would take us 7 miles out of the way, but we enjoyed the adventure. We wanted to check out the Golden City Brewery.  I (Swisher) was a little bummed, because just last week I had lost my ID, so that meant I would not be doing any drinking. Just as we were leaving, Cody brought in the mail and there was my new ID!! Like a sign I was meant to be drinking on this day!  It was a true miracle!!! We enjoyed a couple beers at the Golden City Brewery and headed back to Denver. On our way out of town, I randomly ran into some old family friends from Cedar Falls, the Jensen's. It was so crazy to see them and it was nice to catch up.

 That was pretty much the exciting part of our weekend. Other Amy has been growing hops so that we can use them in the beers we have been making. She is very excited because some of them sprouted today. She may start a blog about them called "Idiots Making Beer.  Pretty fitting. Molly and Berkley have been busy sleeping, chasing squirrels and visiting the dog park.

Below are some pictures from the week/weekend!!!




Amy loves to talk and encourage the hops

RM4L=Roommates 4 Life enjoying a beer in Golden
Just training for RAGBRAI

Cheers!

Cody couldn't wait to take a photo he had to drink his beer!


The girls enjoying a beer at Great Divide

No comments: